I give you the easiest breakfast to go! I eat this healthy raw breakfast food almost every morning, and I haven’t gotten sick of yet since I can switch up the flavors as easily as a smoothie. In fact, smoothies are a great inspiration for altering your overnight oats.
The basic recipe calls for 3 tbsp chia seeds, 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1 banana, 1 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup fruit of choice. This will make 3 servings, perfect for mini-mason jars, and (for me) the perfect amount for breakfast after a healthy green juice. Other add-ins include spices, protein powders, spirulina…basically like a smoothie, simply alter to your tastes!
FYI, just a little spirulina will make this bad baby very GREEN. So if you want a lil kapow in your simple raw breakfast overnight oats, go for the spirulina!
Wondering what the raw food cleanse is all about? Looking for more simple raw food recipes? Check out the raw food cleanse plan challenge!
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (or other nut milk)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit
- 1 tbs optional add-ins (spirulina, hemp or other protein powder)
- Measure 1/4 cup oats and 1 tbs chia seeds into each container or mini mason jar.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth (about one minute).
- Pour one third of the smoothie mixure into each mason jar.
- Let sit for a few minutes while cleaning up, then stir the mixure before refridgerating for at least two hours.
- Will keep for a few days in the fridge.